Monday, July 31, 2017

TIME - What Is This?

There's a famous missionary quote that explains how time on missions go: The days are long but weeks fly by! In the next couple of weeks there will be a ton of missionaries here going home - amazing missionaries who have taught me so much! It gets me thinking about the time I have left. Hah. (My companions love to teasingly bring this topic up ;) We had an incredible zone conference learning about finding and how simple it is to share about the restored gospel. It reminded me of what it really means to be serving a mission. And the testimonies at the end were amazing (: I look up to and learned so much from every missionary (including those who are home now) I've been blessed to meet while serving! 
A few months ago we had Elder Ardern of the seventy come to our mission, in the October 2011 General Conference he talks about time, "Time is never for sale; time is a commodity that cannot, try as you may, be bought at any store for any price. Yet when time is wisely used, its value is immeasurable. On any given day we are all allocated, without cost, the same number of minutes and hours to use, and we soon learn, as the familiar hymn so carefully teaches, “Time flies on wings of lightning; we cannot call it back” (“Improve the Shining Moments,” Hymns, no. 226)." (A Time to Prepare)
I'm realizing my time on a mission is becoming shorter. Summer is already almost over! What is this? Our time on a mission and even our time on Earth is precious. 
We went by an investigators house yesterday to try to catch her home. She wasn't but her mom was and we asked how she was doing. Her cat had recently died, she was sad but she told us she felt alright about it because she felt her cat had had a good life. It was a cool little moment to share cause it made me reflect on my good life. I'm incredibly blessed for the life I've been given and for the times yet to come! I have faith that what I'm doing is making a difference in the lives of those I know and love! Our time is precious but the best times are when it's spent serving others (:
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." (Matthew 16:25).
Thank you for your love and support!
I miss you all and love you so much!!

~Sister Warburton (:
 
Sunset
 Transfers are coming up again! Who can guess what will happen??
We got to visit Sweet Home and the Tolmans! #mishsis


No comments:

Post a Comment