Monday, July 10, 2017

"Fear Not, Little Flock"

“Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." (D&C 6:34)
Over a year ago, the first day I came to Oregon, they took us to the Haystack Rock on the Oregon Coast and told us about this scripture. We were told to write down our fears and to bury them. 
Looking back on the past year, I had a lot of fears. I had no idea what I was getting myself into going on a mission (; this quiet, shy girl going out talking to people about the gospel? What? There's no way I made it this far alone!
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the ​​​rock​ of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your ​​​foundation​; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty ​​​storm​ shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." (Helaman 5:12)
It was because of this solid foundation, the gospel of Jesus Christ, I've been able to overcome many fears. The peace and happiness I've felt are real. The truths of the gospel have been restored! I'm still learning and I'm still growing (: I still have fears I need to overcome but I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me! He does not leave us alone to fend for ourselves. I'm so grateful for everyone who has helped me to make it this far! I love this gospel (:
"Fear not, little ​​​flock​; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the ​​​kingdom​." (Luke 12:32) 
The events of the past week have kinda blurred together but here are pictures to clue you in on what we did (:
I LOVE you all!! You're in my prayers. Have an awesome week!
Remember to turn to the sources that will help bring you peace in your life. (: 

~Sister Warburton (:

Fireworks from our window! HAPPY 4th of July!
 Missionary fun stuff
 Polka dots!
Uno, dos, tres!
Over one year ago ~ Haystack rock ~ Build upon the Rock


No comments:

Post a Comment