Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Courage!

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." (Alma 26:12)
We had interviews with President and Sister Tateoka this past week and it was cool to be able to connect with them in that we've both been out on missions for a year now! Sister Tateoka asked me what I've learned over the past year and she said she's seen my confidence grown. I know it is through the strength of Christ I've grown in confidence and courage. The meaning of courage is the ability to do something that frightens you. A mission or other things in life may not be easy but with the strength of Christ it's possible (:
We had a ton of cancellations this past week and it wasn't very easy to get through. It's easier for me to talk to people I already know compared to having to find new people and talk to them. When this happens, I have to build my diligence and stamina and say lots of prayers for courage (: but it becomes worth it!
On Saturday, we went on a little adventure to the far corners of our area to a small, cute place called Peoria where there were absolutely no one there we knew and went finding! We knocked on a few doors, talked to a few people, no one was interested but I was determined to somehow leave behind a Book of Mormon in this small town. We could only stay about 30min before going home and the last door we tried a man named Paul opened and we talked with him a bit. He's seen the Book of Mormon musical and was willing to accept our Book of Mormon! It was a testimony builder to see how my desire to leave behind a Book of Mormon in this place and being diligent the Lord placed Paul there to accept the Book. I hope it will lead to a miraculous conversion but we'll see (: I know it is through Christ that all things are possible. 
Thank you for the support and love!! It means a ton (:
I LOVE you!

~Sister Warburton (:
 
Oregonian Sunset
 
~July 16 2016 ~ Happy One Year Kat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment