Monday, May 22, 2017

My Answer

I turned twenty and now I feel all grown up!
I've had a lot of spiritual growth this past week. Thoughts, questions, doubts, everything answered in multiple ways throughout the week. Change is difficult! Why do I need to grow when I feel comfortable where I am? At the same time, why do I feel like I have untapped potential that I can't seem to reach myself? 
I can sincerely say I know God hears our prayers and He answers them. Because of the experiences I've had this past week my faith has increased so much! To sum a bit of it: my mom sent me this quote from her studies this past week: 
"Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously.  When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more (see Proverbs 3:11-12).  He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit.  To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain." (Ensign, Nov. 1995, 16-17)
This quote was just the beginning: More answers came! They were little but then built up.. they brought more questions and I did A LOT of pondering! But experiences and scriptures brought my answers (: I know this is pretty vague but the message of it all was to Trust God. I feel I'm growing to be the person my Heavenly Father is designing me to be. I know He has a plan and through the Savior we can be forgiven and healed.
I'm liking cute little Brownsville and these cute companions (: Sister Elizondo is from Nampo, Idaho and she's got a cute funny sense of humor! Sister Phelon is from Cedar Hills, Utah and it's been fun to find the similarities we have! These two are awesome missionaries I'm so grateful I get to serve with (: 
I also met my twin! 50 years difference but hey! Her name is also Marie and she doesn't like beans either!! (Did you hear that dad! It's not just me! (;
I hope you all have a happy sunny week! Remember Heavenly Father hears our prayers (:
I LOVE YOU!!

~Sister Warburton(:
 
"Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S Monson
 Hello Brownsville!
 Me, Sister Phelon, and Sister Elizondo!
Marie and Marie - don't try to feed us any beans (;










No comments:

Post a Comment