Monday, January 23, 2017

It's Raining Blessings!

This week was amazing! It was so busy! 
Tuesday we started volunteering at this new place that makes packs of food for kids who go home to no food during the weekend. We're so excited to be helping out there every week, plus there is a lady that also volunteers and is deaf! I may be able to practice communicating sign with her! (:
We also had exchanges this past week where I stayed in Sweet Home with Sister Powell and we had COOL experiences: we had a teaching appointment set for Wednesday but two days before this man called us and cancelled because he got injured. We got some cupcakes to take over to his house on Wednesday and to say we hope he gets feeling better and about ten minutes later we got a call from him asking if we would actually like to go back and teach him right then and that he was feeling well enough for a discussion - it was an AMAZING lesson! One of the best! Sweets and sugar really do soften hearts (;
Being a missionary is seriously the best! But not all the times is it sweet. Thursday morning I prayed and got an answer pretty much immediately after I got up (it was a tough one) and was back on my knees again. Part of being a missionary and even a follower of Christ is being willing to give up what you most want now for the plan God has for us. One thing I'm learning is to meekly, sincerely, and faithfully submit myself to God. Is it easy? No! But am I the only one? No, what has helped me is the example of Joseph Smith and of others I've read about who were willing to submit to follow God's plan. That afternoon I had an interview with President Tateoka - and it helped me. He touched my heart and helped give me peace to willingly submit. I shared with him this quote:
"Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you opportunity to respond by applying in your life the teachings of Jesus. As you do so you are changed to become more like Him."
Everything is to bless us and help us become more like Him. I want to and choose to faithfully submit myself to become more like my Savior. And since then we have been seeing major BLESSINGS! Seriously. Blessings being poured on us! And I know they come from God (: 
I know Christ lives! And with his help we are given the strength to continue forward in everything that we go through. I hope this is a good reminder to have faith in Him (:

Have an amazing week!

~Sister Warburton(:
 
 It's a covered bridge!
 Exchanges-I'm totally eating healthy (;
Exchanges selfie
And hopefully the video shows...it's MOOSE!  The Tolman's dog-I love that dog so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment