Monday, February 27, 2017

9 MONTHS!?!

I have officially been out on a mission for 9 MONTHS! What?!
I'm so grateful to be a missionary! It's crazy how much I've felt changed but still feel like myself. I'm learning a ton. It's an experience being in a different part of the country, being part of different lives, seeing things that I've never seen or experience before. If I could put all thoughts and emotions and everything in a way to let you know what it means to serve a mission - it's seriously incredible. Its hard and it's tough. It's work and it's people. It's also the spirit and God. I hear and see so MANY miracles and tender mercies! It's still hard, still slow sometimes. But it's worth it!
"For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever" (2 Nephi 27:23)
This last week we made a sister Barbie cake! It was a pretty big hit at the cub scouts blue and gold banquet (: Here's how it happened: we originally had dinner at the RS president house that night so she invited us to the banquet instead and asked (jokingly) if we would be bringing a cake. S Erickson joked about making a Barbie cake - we were not serious about it until relief society it was announced to everyone that we would be bringing a sister Barbie cake! So we did it! We used our personally time in the morning to make it and lunch time to frost it. Our cake helped raised money for scout camp and made a little girl and her family happy! 
Life is good!
We've had a lot of trainings on having a positive attitude! (I wonder if it has to do with the wet and dreary weather?) but it's something even missionaries work on. We are not always automatically happy (; To have a positive, happy, and grateful perspective on life is something I continually work on. This is one of my absolute favorite quotes from Gordon B Hinckley: 
“Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.
“The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” (Deseret News, 12 June 1973.) Life is a combination of all things bad and good. But to really feel satisfied and happy it helps to focus on the positives (: Look back at all the good things you've experienced and don't forget to thank the Lord for those beautiful views. I know it truly helps (: 
I love you! Hope you all have an amazing week!

~Sister Warburton(:
 
 9 Months!!
"Every Doll A Sister" yeah it's cakey..
 







No comments:

Post a Comment