Monday, August 22, 2016

"So what do I need to do for baptism?" The best question you could ask a missionary!

Phil is pretty much planning his own baptism! Ah! October 26th! We're
so excited for him! Life as a missionary would be so easy if everyone
we taught were to ask the simple little question "so what do I need to
do for baptism?" (;
Well this week has been so hot! It's gotten past the 100's and it just
sucks the energy right out of us. Thank thank goodness we have an
apartment with a good working fan and a car with awesome AC (update -
I spoke way too soon! But our car is alright:) I am incredibly blessed
with both! Again, this week has been filled with service and staying
busy! Last Monday we had dinner with a less active family which one of
the daughters is not baptized yet but we're teaching her and hoping
that also working with her dad on getting the priesthood, he could
baptize her! After eating dinner with them we some how got on the topic of cookies and ended up baking some delicious snicker doodles
for them because they rarely get cookies and Thomas (the dad) was so
excited - just like a little boy. It was great! I love the things we
do as missionaries(;
So with school starting again (good luck to all starting school this
week!!) someone in church talked about how our lives is compared to
taking a test - part of our purpose here is to be tested and the
scriptures are the instructions. It's like a open book test, but not
only that it's a group test! We are given families and our church
families and friends to help us in life! How great is this plan that
Heavenly Father created for us! We have Jesus Christ, who is the great
example of how we should live but also through him even after we've
done everything we can to pass this "test", through the atonement we
can make up for the mistakes we've made. We can get that A+ also
called eternal life! All the struggles will be worth it. This past
week I read a talk titled "The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope" by James
E Faust and absolutely loved it! It's from the October 2001 general
conference and if you are selfish (like me;) and want to learn more
about the Atonement I would like to invite you to read it(: "The free
gift of His great atoning sacrifice for each of us is the only way we
can be exalted enough to stand before Him and see Him face-to-face.
The overwhelming message of the Atonement is the perfect love the
Savior has for each and all of us."
Cool story: last night for dinner we went to the Hammonds - who has
family that used to live in Saratoga Springs 3 yrs ago just down the
street from where we live! (Ps I heard that they went by last Monday
and talked to you mom?;) [She did stop by and I loved it!!!] and there were other families from the ward  at dinner and even a past missionary who had served in this area 2 yrs
ago came! Funny missionary thing is we have missionary "moms/dads"
which are just our trainers - so sister Mickelson is my "mom" and her
trainer is my "grandma" in mission terms. This missionary who came to
visit is my great great great grandma - so she trained someone who
trained this person who trained this person, down the line to sister
Mickelson then me. Cool stuff(:
Today we had zone pday - beach volleyball!! It was so fun! I've missed
playing volleyball since playing at the MTC. Our district went and
bought Hawaiian shirts from goodwill to all match - pictures will be
included!
I hope you all have a good week! Good luck with school and enjoying
the last little bit of summer!! Email or write me and let me know how
you're doing(: love you all!

~Sister Warburton(:
 
 me and sister Mickelson in 109 degrees!
our matching Hawaiian shirt district! "the marionberries" (;


No comments:

Post a Comment