Monday, December 12, 2016

SNOW and THE BIG DAY!

If you're going to read any of my updates ever read this one! It's been one amazing, stressful, exciting, long, scary, anxious, laughable, cold, wet, spiritual, exhausting week! I LOVE being a missionary! (: 
First! It SNOWED on Tuesday and it rarely snows here in this part of Oregon! Ah! It was amazing! Then while we were studying that morning we heard a knock, opened the door and ended up in the middle of a snowball fight with the two youngest Tolman boys ~ there's a video online somewhere courtesy of sister Tolman (; that afternoon Steve and Serena had their baptismal interview! It's crazy how fast everything happened! I can't remember what I wrote last week about them but they've both taken the lessons multiple times and want to be baptized but had to wait for some legal technicalities to be married and then baptized. They're amazing! They waited 4 years for this, to be legally married and become official members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Saturday - all their dreams came true! They were married and had their baptism right after and it turned out INCREDIBLE! Even after sister Erickson would keep saying "what could go wrong?" (; 
There was so much support, help, and people! So many prayers and it all went amazing! Sister Mehr, a past missionary who served here and who is my mission great-grandma! (My trainer's trainer trainer) flew from Utah for the wedding and baptism! She's amazing! And it's so cool the little connections we have - she was the first missionary to find Phil from my last area! 
The wedding was beautiful! It happened in the church and oh my goodness! Steve and Serena looked great! After, everyone moved to the room where the baptismal font is and there were so many people - from the ward, their family - a lot of nonmembers who got to witness their baptism! The room was overflowing! The program went so smoothly and it really was just SO amazing! I'm so happy and excited for them! And so humble and grateful I got to be part of it all (: the reception was right after and we got to talk with people and eat wedding cake (: 
Sunday - they were confirmed official members of the church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost! This experience really got me thinking about all the blessings I've received from being part of this gospel. Since I was little, I've had a growing testimony of a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who lives. I've grown up with the knowledge of who I am, where I came from and where I'm going. I've been part of primary, young women's, and now relief society where friendships come from. I've received a patriarchal blessing and personal revelations while reading from the scriptures. I know prayers are answered! And miracles happen daily - even when they are not easily found. I have direction in my life and a hope for the future! I have an amazing family who strengthen me and the knowledge that because of temple blessings we are eternal! Oh my goodness his gospel is... there are no words to truly describe the gratitude for the life he's given me. 

~Sister Warburton(:
The beautiful sight we woke up to Tuesday morning!
 Me and Sister Mehr! (My mission great grandma)
 Steve and Serena! They're awesome!
Thanks Tatiana (;


No comments:

Post a Comment