Monday, September 5, 2016

Back in a trio! And transfer calls!

It's been the craziest week of my mission so far! So many things happened!
On Monday we had sisters pday where we took pictures at a beautiful
park in Keizer/Salem (pictures included). Tuesday was my last NMT (new
missionary training) I'm officially a trained missionary!(; and it
feels good! Some awesome spiritual words and advice was given to me
and I truly got to know what it feels like to be an investigator in
the "hot seat". Hahah. Really it was a pretty stressful week with
transfers coming up and the thought of me or sister Mickelson leaving.
The pattern of this area is to train right after finishing training
and that was something I was super anxious about all week - I didn't
want anyone to leave and did not feel like I could train someone! Ah!
Maybe sometime later in my mission when I'm a little more seasoned?
I'll get to transfer calls eventually:) but first Wednesday was a good
day! We went over to Sigrid's - she is officially our Oma (grandma in
German - cause she's from Germany and is seriously amazing) she's not
a member but she might as well be! Her saying is "optimism! Sigrid
said so!" We were also able to meet her at the family history center
and get her started on doing that! Next step is going to church
right?(;
Here's where the super craziness begins: we found out one of the
sisters from the Woodburn 1st ward was going home early so we spent
some time with them and found out that we would get sister Erickson
with us for the weekend! It was so sad to see a sister go home but she
felt at peace about it and we had a few good laughs and spiritual
moments all together before she left Saturday morning:) we were
officially in a trio with two areas and teaching different people.
Hahah it's been a fun weekend!(;
Also! District meeting on Friday, we had the zone leaders with us and
president and sister Tateoka show up! Ah! It was a good meeting and
seriously the Tateoka's are the funniest, the sweetest, and the cutest
ever! Oh my goodness I love them! Friday was just a strange day - I
wish I could describe it better with everything that was going on and
everything that happened! As a missionary so many things happen and so
many thoughts and emotions - it's crazy being a missionary and I'm
getting the taste of it! But I still love being a missionary!(;
Saturday night was the night we got transfer calls! WE ARE STAYING!!
Me and sis Mickelson were finally able to breathe again and prayers
were answered! Sister Erickson is getting an awesome new companion on
Tuesday and most of the missionaries in our areas are staying(: there
is one Elder finishing his mission and going home (Elder Watson from
Bountiful - He's actually in the Dixons-Aunt Julie's stake!) and we
are losing Elder Gee:( but the new district leader will be Elder Allen
who came here to Oregon with me, sister Hart, and Elder Gregoriev!
Sunday was great(: it's really been fun being in a trio again! Lots of
laughs(: Testimony meeting was so good and Phil went up again! He's
golden! He's also feeding us on Tuesday! Yay! But yeah! I hope you all
have an amazing week! Don't forget to look for the good things in
life! "But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do
good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth
to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God"
(Moroni 7:13). This is why I love being on a mission so much! I know
I'm doing good and I see good everyday!
Love you all!!
~Sister Warburton(:
 We've been a fun trio;)
 All the Sisters/Hermanas in the Zone!

At the Last District Meeting! 
(Elders Gregoriev, Gee, Bills, Palmer, Combs, Watson, President and Sister Tateoka
Sisters Wilkes, Erickson, Me, Mickelson)


No comments:

Post a Comment