Monday, September 19, 2016

~HOPE~

I seem to have these on and off weeks. One week will be super great
and I'm feeling good, I feel the work here is going good, the spirit
is super strong and that's when I know Satan is about to do some mean
pushing to knock me down. This was one of those weeks.
Monday night, we got sad news about someone we know taking multiple
bottles of pills putting her in a coma. It was tough, the last memory
I have of her is singing along to the 2016 efy songs and seeing her
calm, even happy (she had serious mental illnesses) but... What do we
do? Pray and put it in the Lords hands.
Tuesday, we had the mission tour with Elder and Sister Schwitzer of
the Seventy and President and Sister Tateoka! It was really super
good! and we got information about some changes happening in the
mission. There is always a reason behind everything!
That night the relief society had a service auction activity (our
investigator Charla went!) and they were gathering items to send to
missionaries from their ward. Well they surprised me and sister
Mickelson with bags of our favorites treats and a letter from home! We
are really blessed to be serving in an awesome ward!
We also did some service for a couple being taught by missionaries in
Salem but were working in our area. It was so great to see the
conversion of this sweet lady as she was sharing the gospel with
another lady and sharing how excited she is to be baptized! This
service was a huge stress mess leading up to but it was worth it
all!(:
This week we've had tons and tons of people cancelling on us. Things
pop up, life gets busy, so many challenges, and a crazy world that we
live in. I'm seeing challenges I've never known or experienced before.
It's frustrating the world we live in and having to deal with it! BUT!
We have the GOSPEL. We have CHRIST. We have FAITH and HOPE! "How is it
that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope?
And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye
shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his
resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your
faith in him according to the promise. Wherefore, if a man have faith
he must needs have hope; for without faith there cannot be any hope."
(Moroni 7:40-42). One of my favorites - James E Faust said, “Everybody
in this life has challenges and difficulties. That is part of our
mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily
understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is
often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes
through hope” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1999, 73; or Ensign, Nov.
1999, 59)." Hope is born of faith and we need faith to have hope! I
can't imagine not having hope, not having the knowledge and the Gospel
in my life! This hope brings peace and comfort. This is why I'm a
Mormon! This is why I'm a missionary!(:
I hope you all continue to grow your faith in Christ! And have an amazing week!
Love you!
~Sister Warburton(:
 
Mom's note: She didn't send any pictures this week, but I did get a picture of her from a member at the Relief Society activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment