Saturday, June 11, 2016

Elder Bednar is the BEST!

This was the best time to be at the MTC- we had Elder Bednar come talk to us here at the Provo MTC and broadcast to other MTCs and guess what!  We all joined the choir and got to sing a song that Elder Bednar wrote the words to!  It was AMAZING!  The song is called "One by One" and will be in the New Era next month!  But seriously, his talk was so powerful and he spoke on when Christ came to the Americas after his resurrection and he had everyone feel the prints on his hands-one by one (3 Ne. 11:15).  We are each the "one" that he loves and cares for.  It was such a powerful talk and the song was absolutely beautiful!  I loved being able to sing it with hundreds of other missionaries- to be in such a spirit filled place! =)
My testimony continues to grow!  Confession time: Before coming here I wasn't confident in my knowledge about the Book of Mormon.  I had a testimony on it but didn't know how to really apply it to my life or even how I could teach others that they need it.  I felt it was one of my weakest points in the Gospel and prayed that while here I would know how to use it.  Just these past two weeks of dedicating myself to missionary work and reading the Book of Mormon a ton have made me an expert (well mostly) on it.  I am finding scripture answers for everything and know exactly where to find them [Seminary played a huge part in this! ;)]  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God!  Don't forget to read it! =)
I also leave next Wednesday for Oregon!  Don't ask me how I feel about it cause I'm not sure!  I know I'm going to miss my teachers here (they're the best!) and my district and companions!  We've become a family here at the MTC!  HaHa The Elders like to act like our over-protective brothers.  We are not  allowed to talk to other Elders and it's so funny to see their reactions when we do.  Like I said last week (I think) there are so many stories and funny moments I wish I could write!
The MTC has been an amazing experience and I'm happy to be here!
Everyone have a great week!
Love, Sister Warburton

        class with companions: Sister Roberts (by door) and Sister Hart (in corner)
                               With Sister Wynder and Sister Roberts
                                                  MTC district

No comments:

Post a Comment